Findings

This video I stumbled upon on Facebook. I think finding this was the first time I truly started see with a different lens. It speaks to women in media and their underrepresentation and under appreciation but also to their resilience. Videos like this allows for a movement of voices who were once silenced to now be heard. And I think that this emulates the focus on empowerment through Gill’s work on Post-Feminism.

Reese Witherspoon gave a fire speech at our Women of the Year Awards in 2015. Tune in LIVE to Women of the Year 2017 with an RSVP to the event here: http://glmr.co/dde9f00

Posted by Glamour on Wednesday, October 25, 2017

This video to me represents what we know as the gaze. Not only the oppositional gaze that Bell Hooks discusses in her work but the male gaze. Females are metaphorically dominated and controlled by the heterosexual male gaze, which shows us that film makers have a lot of power. And I think that this video clearly shows this concept.

'Wonder Woman' Amazon Warrors In 'Justice League' Given Sexier…

The Amazon warriors from 'Wonder Woman' were given sexier costumes for 'Justice League'

Posted by NowThis Her on Tuesday, November 14, 2017